Studying at Twycross is unique
Twycross is a unique place to learn and as a tutor you will know that students retain far more information through experience than they do through book work. Twycross can provide this experience for you in a unique way.
Our most popular 16+ sessions are workshops where students will receive a classroom based session in the morning covering the core information on the topic and setting a task to complete around the site. Students return to the classroom in the afternoon to feedback on the worksheet, learn more about the topic and have the chance to ask questions. We offer the following topics as workshops:
- Animal behaviour and communication (2x 45 minute sessions)
- Biodiversity and conservation (morning 45 minute session, afternoon 30 minute session)
- Animal welfare, enrichment and training (morning 45 minute session, afternoon 30 minute session)
- Applied science, Science in the Workplace (morning 45 minute session, afternoon 30 minute session)
- Business, marketing and customer service (morning 45 minute session, afternoon 30 minute session)
- Introduction to great ape classification, evolution and behaviour (morning 45 minute session, afternoon 30 minute session)
We also offer the following as individual 45 minute sessions. They can be paired to create a workshop like those listed above, with the evolution and selection session pairing particularly well with classification.
- Evolution and selection
- Twycross Zoo and the environment
- Careers at Twycross Zoo
You can find our educational group entrance rates here. All sessions are free of charge until the end of August and from the 1st September workshops will be charged at £70 and individual sessions at £35.
Twycross Zoo career days give participants a taste of a zoo career along with important background information for the field. There are four different career days covering Zoo Keeping, Veterinary Practice, Animal Behaviour Research and Conservation. These career days have been developed from our award winning vet days programme, and offer a 10.00 till 14.30 structured programme of activities and presentations.
Career days can be booked individually, or as a series of days for the same group and up to 25 students may be booked onto each career day. Each day costs £200 (£400 from 01/09/2013), including entrance and activities. Please get in touch if you have any questions.