Lots of new and exciting changes have been taking place at Twycross Zoo over the past 12 months. Whilst 2012 saw some species leave our collection, such as giraffes and sealions, we also welcomed brand new species to our collection! Some of our animals have made much shorter journeys across the Zoo to new and larger exhibits, such as our chimpanzees.
Smaller changes around the Zoo have led to the former giraffe house now providing a spacious home for our pair of Bactrian camels, the former camel enclosure now housing our pair of Rhea's, whilst the sealion pool has been transformed into Bush Dog and Coati Island!
This Easter we unveiled lots of brand NEW exhibits including Dinosaur Valley, making 2013 one of the most exciting years the Zoo has ever seen!
New for 2013!
- Amur Leopards on the Brink of Extinction - A new area for our pair of Amur leopards to raise a family
- Penguin Lagoon (Unveiled Winter 2012) - see our colony of Humboldt penguins waddle along a brand new walkway at every feeding time
- Giant Tortoises - see the worlds largest tortoises roaming under trees
- Owl Aviaries (Unveiled Winter 2012) - an exciting woodland exhibit offering increased flight space for our owls
- Walking with Lemurs - Sending you inside the enclosure, this new trail will give uninterrupted views of our troop of playful lemurs.
- Monkeys Outside - a new open-topped zone for endangered monkeys
- Bush Dog & Coati Island (Unveiled Winter 2012) - Watch coatis leap from tree to tree whilst bush dogs forage on the 'forest floor'!
- Siamang - An Endangered Ape - A new family home for a group of gibbons
- Spider Monkey Forest - watch them swing!
- Dinosaur Valley! 15 life-like dinosaurs have been unleashed to the public in one of the most ground-breaking exhibitions the region has ever seen!
Download a copy of our NEW map to see what exciting new exhibits await you!